Friday, July 10, 2020

Love, Hope & Dreams - Mixed Media Altered Wooden House

Hello Everyone,

Sharing my project, an altered wooden house which I have created for "Finnabair June Art Receipe Challenge".

This is the first time I am submitting my artwork for this challenge, so very excited! This Art Receipe concept is so fascinating, that I was highly inspired and tempted to participate in it!

It was challenging but fun to stick to the given color palette. For this alteration from the products listed in the challenge, I used "Paper Texture Paste" and Metallique Paints - "Soft Satin", "Red Wine", and "Deep Waters". I also used some of the metal embellishments from Mechanical Metal - "Flowers", "Grungy Butterflies", "Mini Stars", "Pocket Watches", "Metal Patina Trinkets Stroked Leaves".

I truly, enjoyed the whole process from assembling the wooden pieces to make the house, building the roof with cardboard pieces, using the moon mould for the first time with resin, and most importantly adding my son's photo when he was 5 years old.

I have titled my Altered House project as: "Love, Hope & Dreams" - as I believe, home is always the starting place for Love, Hope and Dreams.

I truly relished every minute creating it, hope you like it too.

Challenge Pic:


My Creation:



Few Close Up Pics:







Thanks for stopping by.

Love,
Chaitali. 

No comments:

Post a Comment